The building which became the Cooper's Arms was originally the workshop
for the Cooper who made wheels for the carts of the local farmers.
In 1863, William Griffiths, then living at Bwlchtrap Farm bought
both that property and also the Cooper's Arms at an estate sale.
He had obviously fallen on his feet as in 1841 he had been an agricultural labourer. It is thought
that he had inherited some money and in the 1860s, he and his wife Mary retired from farming to run the 'Troedyrhiw
Arms' as the pub was re-named.
The little pub, once a focal point at the busy crossroads failed to make it past the 1930s.
When Rachel Rees, the final landlady passed away in 1932, the pub closed and the building became a private residence.