Clwtte Cochion is one of the oldest farms in the region. There
exists an Abstract of Title which shows the farm in 1658 as belonging to Lord Vaughan, the Earl of Carberry
and a Mr Henry Peck.
In 1834, William Henry Powell, the vicar of Llanpumsaint from 1823, acquired some of the fields
from Caroline Griffiths Williams, the widow of Erasmus Griffiths Williams.
On the land that he bought, William Henry Powell built the house, Pantycelyn which in 1890 was
purchased by David Evans and became the butcher's shop.