Bettws was a small church in the area of
Ystum Gwili which has now disappeared in the mists of time.
It lay north of Bettws Farm straddling the lane leading down to it and
taking in parts of two fields. A 1946 aerial photograph shows a definite mound shape close to where the present
day farm sheds stand.
In around 1800, when Lampengaer field was being ploughed, a holy water
stoup was found and taken to Llwyncroes Farm where it remained until it was rescued in the 1970s by the then
vicar of Llanpumsaint Church, Byron Davies. The stoup, perfectly preserved and bearing four mouldings on the
outside can now be seen in the lobby of Llanpumsaint Church.
The holy water stoup from Bettws Church