When Nebo Chapel was built in 1840 it provided the first place of
worship for the area of Ystum Gwili since Bettws Church fell into dis-use.
Moses Rees from Pencader was its first
part-time minister and despite the fact that the chapel was well used and underwent a renovation in the 1880s,
it wasn't until 1897 that the chapel had its first permanent minister, Henry Evans who remained in the post
for 23 years until his death in 1920.
The longest serving minister was the popular WJ Evans who was the minister from 1945 to 1976.
The term 'Ystum Gwili' referring to the elbow shape of the river Gwili in the area has become
less used and whole area is now more often known as 'Nebo' after the chapel.
Members of the chapel in 1971